Three years after the GDPR came into effect, the European Commission has issued the much-awaited final version of two new sets of Standard Contractual Clauses that are expected to enable data controllers and processors to address some of the thorny issues in the transfer of personal data of EU/EEA citizens.
Minding Everyone’s Data
Privacy and Data Security
Crossborder Data Transfers
Data Protection by Design
We are experts in the areas of privacy and data security compliance, data governance, and risk management. We regularly assist clients in understanding and handling their data security, privacy, and information management obligations and managing their risk, for example.
- Perform data processing audits
- Draft policies, and procedures
- Frame disclosures and compliance program to meet the requirements of the newest laws, such as the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), or the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Establish structures to meet cross-border data transfer restrictions, through the development of Privacy Shield certification, Standard Contractual Clause contracts, or Binding Corporate Rules
- Develop Written Information Security Program, to meet the cybersecurity rules, regulations issued by the US and foreign regulatory organizations.
We are pioneers and love to invent and deal new problems. We have long and recognized experience in identifying the new, unique issues raised by new technologies and designing innovative programs and structures to navigate these unchartered territories. Areas of exploration include:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things
- Driverless Cars
- Big data analytics